Packing for a swim Meet
Swimmer Pack List:
- MPST Swimsuit
- MPST Swim-Cap
- At least one pair of goggles (2 pair preferred in case one breaks)
- At least 2 towels for warm-up and meet
- Sunscreen for outdoor meets
- Clothes/Coverup to wear between events if preferred
- Healthy Snacks
- Water Bottles
Parent Pack List:
- Sharpie for arm marking (to write your child's name, event#, heat#, position on his/her back right shoulder before the meet).
- Money - The hosting team runs meet concessions. Any profits go to support their team.
- Sunglasses and/or a hat
- A portable chair
- More sunscreen
- Good cheering voice. Swimmers can hear in the water. The louder the crowd, the more exciting their swim!
What is arm/leg marking?
You must mark your swimmer to reflect which event, heat, lane and stroke they are racing. This is used to help remind the swimmer of their events and assist the age group volunteer in getting the swimmer to staging. Use the Heat Sheet to find and highlight your child's events. Mark the arm as illustrated below in the order of Event/Heat/Lane/Stroke.
Write on clean dry skin with no sunscreen. Please also write your child's full name on their right shoulder.
Heat Sheets will be sold at each meet. Purchase on your way into the meet, so that you can mark your child.
Example of Arm/Leg Marking
E=Event; H=Heat; L=Lane; S=Stroke
-FR = Freestyle
-BA = Back Stroke
-BR = Breast Stroke
-FLY = Butterfly
-IM = Individual Medley (One Swimmer Swims 25 Yards of all strokes, in this order: 1st=FLY, 2nd=Back, 3rd=Breast, 4th=Free)
-FRR = Free Relay (All swimmers swim freestyle)
-MR = Medley Relay (Each swimmer swims a different stroke: 1st=back, 2nd=breast, 3rd=fly, 4th=free)
Relay Marking: This will designate the relay leg the child is swimming.
-MR-2 = Medley Relay Breast