COVID-19 2020 Season Update
Hello MPST Family:
Hoping this email finds all our families well and secure at home.
It has been a month of shelter at home and I know that you all are wondering if the swim season will happen in 2020.
Below I will share with you what I know thus far.
- Estimated Start Date: The Gwinnett County Swim League (GCSL) has postponed the start of the swim season to June 1st. This is all contingent on guidelines set forth by the CDC, State and Local officials. This also hinges on HOA approvals for teams to conduct swim practice and meets.
- Modified Season: Currently there are two options on the table – 4 or 6 meet schedule, depending on timing for modified season start.
- The Board will make an official decision for the season mid-May.
- County Championship Meet: Due to our inability to push the meet to later in the summer, the Board has decided to cancel the 2020 Championship meet. Canceling the meet also provides flexibility in extending our season and allow our swimmers time in the pool. The Board is working on alternatives to the Championship meet.
- Team Registration: Registration will remain open for now. Once we receive notice of a solid season start, we will have to move fast to get our swimmers in the water. PLEASE know if the season does not happen all fees will be refunded. That is league and team fees.
What can we do now to prepare for a modified season?
- Registration: Be prepared to register your swimmers when the modified season is announced. The anticipated mid-May decision will leave a short period of time to get our registrations completed and swimmer in the water.
- Volunteer Positions: As always will need all parents to assist with the meet production. So, please review the Job Descriptions for Meet Volunteers page and be prepared to step in, participate and create great meet experiences for our swimmers.
- 2020 GCSL Stroke and Turn/Starter Online
Training Sessions: In order for MPST
to participate in swim meets we must have certified Stroke and Turn/Starters.
- Online Stroke and Turn Training Dates: Tuesday 04/28, 5/5, 5/12, & 5/19 – from 7 to 9:30pm.
- Online Starter Training Dates: Thursday 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21 – from 7 to 8pm
- Link will be provided shortly: There is no registration required,
you will just join the training.
- I will need you to email me the date that you will be doing your training so that I can update the league tracker for Stroke and Turn / Starters for MPST. The tracker is where your training will be certified.
- Certification Reminder:
- Stroke and Turn 3-year Certification
- Starters 2-year Certification
MPST appreciates your dedication and patience. We wish you all well, continue to stay safe, and together we will get through this.